Terms and Conditions of Use
Website Terms and Conditions of Use
Thank you for using the Noritz website (the “Website”).
The Website is operated by Noritz Corporation (the “Company”) or its agent. By accessing and using the Website, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions. Please make sure to read them thoroughly. Separate terms and conditions of use may apply to some of the content on the Website. When using such content, you need to agree to the terms and conditions of use for that respective content. Please be aware that the Company may change the terms and conditions specified below, as well as the terms and conditions of use for respective content, without prior notice.
Use of the Website is at your own risk. While information posted on the Website is carefully prepared and managed, the Company makes no guarantees for such information, including, but not limited to, guarantees regarding the accuracy, usefulness, or completeness of such information. In no event will we be liable for any damage incurred in connection with your use of, or inability to use such information. The Company may change all or part of the information posted on the Website without prior notice. The Company may also suspend or terminate the operation of the Website.
The Company shall not be responsible or liable for any damages you may suffer by using any information that you have obtained from third-party websites for which a link is provided on the Website or that link to the Website. Proper access to the Website may not be possible depending on the telecommunications environment, your computer environment, or for other reasons.
When using the Website, you are prohibited from engaging in any of the following acts:
- An act that harms, or may harm, the property or privacy, etc. of a third party or the Company;
- An act that causes, or may cause, disadvantages or damages to a third party or the Company;
- An act that is, or may be, against public order and morals;
- A criminal act, an act that leads to a crime, or an act that may constitute such an act;
- False declarations and notifications, including, but not limited to, registering another person's email address;
- An act for the purposes of business activities or profit-making or in preparation for such;
- An act that defames or discredits a third party or the Company;
- An act that utilizes or disseminates, or an act that may utilize or disseminate, computer viruses or other harmful programs;
- Any other act that is, or may be, in violation of any local government law, regulation, or ordinance; and
- Any other act that the Company considers inappropriate.
Copyrights and Trademarks
Copyrights to the materials on the Website (including, but not limited to, text, pictures, illustrations, videos, audio, and software) along with product names, service names, and other trademarks on the Website are the property of the Company or a third party and are protected by the Copyright Act and other local government laws and ordinances.
Except when reproducing or quoting information on the Website for personal use, or otherwise using it as allowed under the Copyright Act or other applicable laws, or except as explicitly permitted by the Company or the applicable third party, you may not reproduce, alter, upload, display, transmit, distribute, transfer, rent, license, sell, publish, or export the information on the Website or use it for business activities, profit-making, or other similar purposes. The Website does contain information for which data downloads are available. However, through those downloads, the Company does not transfer to any user any rights to those downloaded data, nor does the Company grant any rights to any user under any copyrights, patent rights, trademark rights, or other intellectual property rights of the Company or the applicable third party.
Governing Law and Court of Competent Jurisdiction
The Website is managed by the Company. While the Website may be accessed from any country in the world with its own set of laws, both the user accessing the Website and the Company shall agree that the use of the Website is governed by the laws of Japan. Unless otherwise set forth, any and all disputes arising in connection with the use of the Website shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Kobe District Court as the court of first instance.
Links to the Website
As a general rule, you are free to create a link to the Website without contacting the Company beforehand.
Please display the correct company name in text form (characters), which is either “Noritz Corporation” or “Noritz.” As a general rule, you may not use the Noritz logo or other trademarks, etc. If any of the following conditions apply, or may apply, we request that you refrain from creating a link to the Website:
- Links from sites that contain content that slanders or discredits Noritz or its affiliates, the officers or employees of Noritz or its affiliates, or the products or services of Noritz or its affiliates;
- Links from sites that publish illegal content (including potentially illegal content), or that are involved in, or may be involved in, illegal activity (including potentially illegal activity);
- Links from websites that contain content that is against public order and morals or social ethics;
- Links using frames, or other links, that make it hard to determine that the information comes from the Website (Please set up a link so that the Website is opened in an entirely new browser screen or in a separate browser window.);
- Links that give a false impression that the linked website is affiliated with, or is in a cooperative relationship with, the Company, or links that create a misconception that the Company is aware of or supports the linked website; and
- Other links that the Company considers inappropriate.
Even when none of the above applies, in some cases the Company may still request that the link settings be changed or the link be deleted.
Please note that the URLs of the Website may change or be deleted without prior notice. The Company assumes no liability whatsoever for any damage suffered due to such changes or deletions.