Basic Policy on Personal Information and Specific Personal Information, etc.
Our Policy to Protect Personal Information
In order to improve its provision of products and services, Noritz Corporation handles a high volume of personal information in business operations related to the manufacture, sales, and maintenance of products both in Japan and in other countries in the residential equipment manufacturing industry. We recognize the importance of protecting privacy in this age of information, so we observe all laws, regulations, government guidelines, and other norms of Japan concerning the personal data collected in the process of carrying out our business activities. To implement such protection we inform all of our employees through internal rules and regulations and work to improve these efforts on an ongoing basis.
- 1) Upon collecting personal information, we notify you of its use and request your consent for the purpose indicated for its use. We maintain internal rules and regulations to strictly manage such data so that it is not used for any other purpose than that for which we have received your consent.
- 2) We take reasonable security measures to protect against leakage, loss, or damage of entrusted personal information. We also take any necessary measures to correct or prevent the improper handling of personal information.
- 3) We conduct educational activities and in-house training for our company officers and all employees to comply with all laws, regulations, government guidelines, and other social norms concerning personal information.
- 4) We respond quickly to complaints and inquiries concerning personal information held by the Company, according to established procedures. In addition, we strive to maintain current and accurate content when information is used, within the scope of the intended purpose.
- 5) We continue to improve this policy and the implementation of our internal regulations as suitable in accordance with changes in the laws and social environment. In addition, we ask for the necessary cooperation of our suppliers in protecting personal information.
Our Basic Policy on the Proper Handling of Personal Identification Numbers and Specific Personal Information
Noritz Corporation has established the following organizational basic policy on ensuring the proper handling of personal identification numbers and specific personal information.
1) Compliance with Relevant Laws and Guidelines, etc.
We will comply with the Act on the Use of Numbers to Identify a Specific Individual in the Administrative Procedure, the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, and the Guidelines for Proper Handling of Specific Personal Information (for Private Entities), along with other government guidelines to ensure the proper handling of personal identification numbers and specific personal information.
2) Matters Regarding Secure Management Measures
We have established internal regulations and necessary measures for ensuring the security of personal identification numbers and specific personal information based on the Guidelines for Proper Handling of Specific Personal Information (for Private Entities) that pertain to secure management measures for personal identification numbers and specific personal information.
Established July 1, 2004
Revised September 1, 2009
Revised April 11, 2011
Revised November 19, 2015
President and CEO Soichiro Kokui